Getting into this box is what's best for both of us. During your time in the box, you will learn so much, and yet experience so little. It's a wild ride, my friend, one well worth the time spent...and let's face it, you don't have much to do these days anyway.

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Adventures in paleo.

I'll be the first to say it: paleo in this part of the world is a tad hard. Rice is served at practically every meal except breakfast, and I'll admit that I do love my rice and pasta a little too much for my own good.

Still, I'm eating at least one, if not two paleo meals a day. I'm trying to perfect steaming with a griddle and wok, and eating the results of steamed vegetables, fish, pork and chicken with a bit of soy sauce, with watermelon/pineapple for afters. Half a head of broccoli every day, too. Perhaps later on I'll actually manage to make a good egg custard; most of my attempts have ended in abject failure. Didn't stop me from eating them anyway; one of the jokes levelled at me in the navy was that I had the gut of a goat.

Do I look and feel healthier? I haven't really noticed, but like exercise, diet is a long-term thing. Perhaps I'll look back on this three months down the road and take stock again.

No comments:

Post a Comment